Learning how to layer is a tricky business. I’ve struggled with this concept since moving to Europe last year. The weather reaches temperatures not even conceived off in Australia. So I’ve been watching, reading and learning how to layer well during winter. Here is what I’ve found out:
1. Individual layers must be seen
If you’re wearing a jumper over a shirt, make make sure to turn the cuffs up over the sweater, and also make sure you’re shirt is sticking out from underneath the jumper. Then, wear a cape over the top.
2. Blazers under coats work well
Make sure the blazer is thin, so it doesn’t bulk you up, and made of wool, so it keeps you warm.
3. Sweaters over shirts rock
UNIQLO has all the separates to make this look work.
4. Capes over stoles look and feel good
So SO warm.
5. Turtleneck + blazer + blazer coat screams chic
Try a black turtleneck, with a a grey checkered blazer and a camel blazer coat
6. Sweater over a dress + tights for a night out
Make sure the sweater is loose.
Do you have a layering tip? Please share below!