Learning how to play with texture is a great way to differentiate between clothing items, especially when colour blocking. Contrasting textures is also a great way to mix and match older items in your wardrobe in need of a re-vamp!
Here are some key tips on keeping an outfit chic when learning how to play with textures:
1. Keep the textures within the same colour family
2. Don’t forget to vary textures in your accessories as well!
3. Play with shape as well as texture
4. When dressing with multiple layers, keep one clothing item in a solid colour
5. Don’t go too matchy-matchy. You want to stand out!
Photography by Nicole Englemann