So, you’ve decided to hop of the fast-fashion train, only buy excellently made pieces that will last the test of time and thus adopt a minimalist wardrobe, . Perhaps within all these amazing decisions you have made, you’ve decided you need a full wardrobe turnover to boot. But how to do this if you’ve got a strict budget? Well, I’m here to tell you how.
1. Analyse your lifestyle do discover what items you actually need. This blog post will help!
2. Once you know what sort of items you need to purchase, go out and do some thoughtful shopping. Only buy 5-6 items that will be able to be paired with the not-so-nice items in your current wardrobe. Go for the pieces that are going to be the most versatile.
3. Make sure each item you buy fits you perfectly! You want these items to last for years to come so there’s no point buying something that doesn’t fit well to begin with. Use this post to help.
4. Over time, and as your budget allows, start buying the other items on your list. This may take weeks or perhaps months and that’s okay! Understand that you are working towards a particular lifestyle change and that takes time.
5. Set yourself challenges as you go along. Try and see how many different outfits you can create with your new items. Stay tuned for the outfit challenge to be released next month on the blog…